Creativity and Unique Experiences are Alive at the A&H
Hats, Teas and History: (Grades 1-6)
It’s time to call on Mrs. Waterhouse’s beautiful 1884 home! Tour this gorgeous Victorian home while learning about Victorian customs and etiquette. Your visit culminates in a tea party, complete with flowered hats to wear and keep, tea cookies and other pastry snacks. Brownie version available to complete Journeys or Try-Its Badges. 10 person minimum required for private groups.
Learn about antique woodworking techniques in our Carpentry Shop Museum and Waterhouse Residence Museum. Build a take-home item such as a toolbox. CUB SCOUT versions are available to assist packs in completing their handbook achievements. 10 children maximum for all private groups.
Bring your Girl or Boy Scout Troop, or any other club or group to the A&H for fun and unique experience guaranteed to leave a lasting memory. Many experiences can apply towards badges in both the Girl or Boy Scouts.
– Tie-Dye Experience: One T-Shirt and One Bandana, $12 per child
– Intro to Painting on a Canvas: $12 per child
– Pinch Pots or Relief Sculpture Pottery: $12 per child
– Guided Tour of Art Center with two corresponding activities: $4 per child*
– Guided Tour of Maitland Historical Museum and Telephone Museum with corresponding activity: $4 per child*
*tours can be combined for a rate of $6 per child
Come to one of our public events listed below or bring your own groups (by appointment). To register or for more information, please email: email@example.com or call 407-539-2181 ext.264.