- This event has passed.
Haunted Art Center Tours
October 20, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$6
Join us for a paranormal tour of the A&H’s Maitland Art Center campus. Hear ghost stories and be guided around “one of the most haunted spots in Central Florida” (according to the Orlando Weekly).
On this tour, you will hear the history and ghost stories of the facility from its staff and students. The Maitland Art Center, originally named the Research Studio, was built by artist J. André Smith during the final years of his life, from 1937-1959. The high walls of the center were created to keep curious minds from encroaching on Smith’s territory during his life, before being officially opened to the public many years after his death. A&H staff still feel the presence of André 58 years later, keeping an eye on the grounds and letting it be known when he is not happy.
- Tour times every thirty minutes from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
- Tours are first-come-first-serve, and limited to 14 guests at a time to ensure a great experience.
- A cash bar (wine & craft beer) and an art making activity will be available while you wait for your tour!
- Most of the tour will be conducted outdoors, so please wear comfortable walking shoes and proper clothing.
- We ask that groups with children keep in mind that this tour will be conducted at night where the center will be very dark with lots of dark corners and paths.
- Please feel welcome to bring any cameras or paranormal research tools with you; we do ask that camera operators be mindful of the disruption of flash on the tour. A&H tour guides will provide flashlights to visitors.
Admission: $4 A&H member; $5 Maitland resident; $6 all others (no advance sales)