The Art & History Museums of Maitland is unique in that it is a union of 4 different places and spaces, connected by our common location.
Each year the Research Studio Art Gallery and Historical Museum will feature connected exhibits featuring J. André Smith’s art, along with curated artworks from Florida and beyond. We offer tours based on the needs of each individual group according to what you would like to experience, and the ages of your students.
The A&H’s educational opportunities for schools, home school groups and others include field trips, tours, in-school outreaches and virtual programs. Browse the offerings below, and contact the Education department at email@example.com to begin planning your program.
Field Trips & Tours (in person or virtual)
In-Person Cost: $4 per student (One free chaperone/teacher for every 10 students), $6 per adult, $5 per senior.
Virtual Cost: $55 per group session
Groups can visit the Art & History Museums of Maitland and explore our campus in many ways. Seasonally rotating exhibits give us the opportunity to change our programming based on teachers’ needs and relevance to your students. These are also available as virtual programs for students to experience our grounds and museums through distance learning through live videos or pre-recorded sessions.
- The Maitland Art Center brings relevant art opportunities for students to view and relate to local and international artists.
- The Maitland Historical Museum offers exposure to exciting local history and how J. Andre Smith made an impact on our world.
- The Telephone Museum gives a glimpse into a technology that has changed rapidly. Students will interact with past telephone technology and compare their experiences to the technology of today.
Additional In-Person Programs for Grades K-8
Cost: additional $4 per student (add onto any field trip experience)
Click here to download descriptions of all programs
- Printmaking Residency (5 days — for grades 5-8) — $40 per student
- Relief Printmaking for All (1 day — for grades 2-8) — $10 per student
- Collograph Printmaking for All (1 day- for grades k-8) — $10 per student