The A&H’s educational opportunities for schools include:
- Student visits to the A&H’s museums, along with activities related to what they learn at these museums.
- Outreach visits to schools, where A&H education staff teaches printmaking history and students are guided to make their own prints.
Field Trips for Grades K-8
Students can visit the Art & History Museums – Maitland and explore our campus in many ways:
• The Maitland Historical Museum offers exposure to exciting local history and how J. Andre Smith made an impact on our world.
• The Maitland Art Center brings relevant art opportunities for students to view and relate to local and international artists.
• The Telephone Museum gives a glimpse into a technology that has changed rapidly. Students will interact with past telephone technology and compare their experiences to the technology of today.
Seasonally rotating exhibits give us the opportunity to change our programming based on teachers’ needs and relevance to your students.
Cost: $4 per student (One free chaperone/teacher for every 10 students)
- Printmaking Residency (5 days — for grades 5-8) — $40 per student
- Print Making for All (1 day — for grades 2-8) — $10 per student
[plsc_button url=”https://artandhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/AH-Outreach-Booking-Form.pdf” target=”_self” color=”gray” style=”flat” radius=”square” size=”st”]Click here to download the In-School booking form[/plsc_button]
Orange County Public Schools may be eligible for a United Arts grant for these programs. Click here to learn how to apply.
For more information, or to pay for a program by check, contact our Education Department:
407.539.2181, ext 266; email@example.com